Where’s the best brunch in Vancouver?
Vancouver is more than a beautiful and long-established city. It’s also trendy. It has to be! Brunch is available at numerous locations, including Twisted Fork Bistro and Café Medina. The best brunch in Vancouver is the truly decadent meal and often qualifies as one of pure indulgence, with no pesky stigma. All of the great qualities that are so loved about brunch fit right in with this cosmopolitan city.
Five reasons brunch is a delightful meal
There are many reasons to go searching for the best brunch in Vancouver, and the following are just a few:
- If you’re eating brunch, it’s likely the weekend. Monday through Friday is for those other meals. When you’re eating brunch in Vancouver, it means that the clock is not in charge. You’ve slept in. You’ve recharged, or maybe you caught up on lost pillow time. Every adult needs a brunch day every now and again.
- When you sit down for a full meal that lands squarely between breakfast time and lunchtime, it’s simply expected that you will eat more than the usual. It’s two meals in one, after all. It’s perfectly acceptable to pile your plate with an assortment of “brunchy” dishes.
- During your Vancouver brunch and for no other meal it is perfectly expected that you would choose a plate with both sweet and savory elements. This is the ideal time to have your bacon with maple syrup.
- The variety of dishes that can be enjoyed at the best brunches in Vancouver is completely unrivaled. Sausage, pancakes, spinach, falafel, salmon, eggs, fruit, and other vegetables are just a few of many brunch menu items.
- It must be said that it’s perfectly acceptable to enjoy a glass of Champaign or a cocktail to help wash down the culinary indulgence that is brunch.
Twisted Fork Bistro
Twisted Fork Bistro is one of the places to get the best brunch in Vancouver. Located at 1147 Granville Street, it is a French bistro with plenty of rave customer reviews. The complete concept of what constitutes a satisfying brunch is fully realized here. Many enjoy the unique house-made jam, the pickled brussel sprouts, and the fresh-made vanilla yoghurt, along with their other main selections. The chorizo frittata is a big hit, and so is the banana stuffed brioche French toast topped with icing sugar laced with cinnamon. The menu is a cornucopia of savory and sweet delights. You can even check how long the wait time is on their website.
Originally in Crosstown, Café Medina is now located at 780 Richards Street. This cozy spot is another great place to find the best brunch in Vancouver. In fact, brunch is the only meal named on the menu, which is generous with ideal selections for filling the hunger unique to that Saturday-Sunday time between breakfast and lunch. With a sign outside the Café Medina that says “Life is too short for bad coffee,” you can imagine how good the java is. The café also takes pride in “feeding the soul of each guest” with those delectable menu items. Locally sourced and crafted with love, it’s no wonder there’s usually a line up out the door.
Where will you go to enjoy the best brunch in Vancouver, the next time you sleep in on the weekend?